The purpose of the Institute is to disseminate evidence based treatments for child and adolescent eating disorders. No current strategies are available for clinicians wishing to have such training in a systematic and quality controlled manner. In addition, the Institute will help provide both insurers and families information about family based treatment and the skills mastered by clinicians.
The Institute provides several levels of training for interested clinicians.
- Basic Introduction to key intervention models
- Specific Training in key models
- Certification for treatment in key models
- Certification for consultation of treatment in key models
- Consultation for services and program development
"Family Based Treatment for Adolescents with Anorexia Nervosa"
Clinicians are invited to join these 2-day workshops to discuss the application of Family Based Treatment treatment of adolescents with Anorexia Nervosa. Lecture and role plays will be used in this interactive course. The registration fee of $540/$280 (trainee/student fee*) includes breakfast and lunch. Register here.
September 19 & 20, 2014
- Day 1: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Day 2: 8:30 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Chicago, Illinois (University of Chicago Medical Center)
- Facilitators: Renee Hoste, PhD and Angela Doyle, PhD
December 11 & 12, 2014
- Day 1: Registration 8:30 a.m. Workshop 9:00-4:30 p.m. Day 2: 9:00 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- San Diego, California (University of California, San Diego)
- Facilitators: Daniel Le Grange and Kerri Boutelle
Adolescent Focused Therapy (AFT): 2 day Workshop
"Treatment of Adolescents with Anorexia Nervosa: Adolescent Focused Therapy (AFT)"
Clinicians are invited to join this 2-day workshop to discuss the application of Adolescent Focused Therapy (AFT) in the treatment of adolescents with Anorexia Nervosa.
- November 8 & 9, 2014
- Day 1: 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Day 2: 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Palo Alto, California (Stanford University)
- Facilitators: Kara Fitzpatrick, PhD and Renee Hoste, PhD
- Fee: $540/$280 (trainee/student fee*) -Registration fee includes breakfast and lunch
- Register here.
*Individuals are only eligible for the trainee rate if they are a current student enrolled in a mental health related graduate program, post-doctoral fellowship, or in the process of getting licensed (e.g. LSW to LCSW).
Note: There are no CME or CEU credits for any Institute courses. Attendees will be receiving training from experts in Family-Based Treatment for use in therapeutic practice or expansion of knowledge of therapeutic approaches for eating disorders.