The purpose of the Institute is to disseminate evidence based treatments for child and adolescent eating disorders. No current strategies are available for clinicians wishing to have such training in a systematic and quality-controlled manner. In addition, the Institute will help provide both insurers and families with information about family based treatment and the skills mastered by clinicians.
The Institute provides several levels of training for interested clinicians.
- Basic introduction to key intervention models
- Specific training in key models
- Certification for treatment in key models
- Certification to provide advanced training of treatment in key models
- Training in incorporating evidence-based treatment models for child and adolescent eating disorder in clinical services and program development
"Family Based Treatment for Adolescents with Anorexia Nervosa"
Clinicians are invited to join this 2-day workshop to discuss the application of Family Based Treatment treatment of adolescents with Anorexia Nervosa. Lecture and role plays will be used in this interactive course. The registration fee is $600/$400 (trainee/student fee*). Register here.
Teaneck, New Jersey:
- June 10 & 11, 2018
- Day 1: 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Day 2: 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Teaneck, New Jersey
- Facilitator: Katharine Loeb, PhD
- Breakfast and lunch will be provided on day 1 and breakfast will be provided on day 2
*Individuals are only eligible for the trainee rate if they are a current student enrolled in a mental health related graduate program, post-doctoral fellowship, or in the process of getting licensed (e.g. LSW to LCSW). Provide appropriate documentation to verify your eligibility for the discounted rate.
Note: There are no CME or CEU credits for any Institute courses. Attendees will be receiving training from experts in Family-Based Treatment for use in therapeutic practice or expansion of knowledge of therapeutic approaches for eating disorders.